Nutella Puff Pastry Pie
On the 23rd June, St John’s Eve is celebrated in Spain. In Catalonia, the celebration of this traditional festivity is very important. Bonfires burn all over the towns during the night, and different sweet coques (flat pies) are eaten as a dessert. My favourite one is filled with cabell d’àngel, a sweet made of pumpkin and sugar. As I’ve never cooked cabell d’àngel before (there’s a recipe in Spanish here), and I doubt it can be easily found in supermarkets around the world, we’ll stick to easy-to-find Nutella; if you are vegan, you can easily find vegan chocolate spreads (I buy it at a fair-trade store) . This pie is super easy and quick to prepare, and it’s as good as it gets!
Original recipe found in La cuina de casa.
Coca de Nutella
- 1 sheet puff pastry (found in supermarkets)
- Nutella/vegan chocolate spread
- pine nuts
1. Preheat oven at 190ºC. Roll out the puff pastry, cut it in half and place one of the halves on baking paper.
2. Spread Nutella/vegan chocolate spread all over the puff pastry; be careful to leave a 2 cm edge all around it!
3. Paint the edge with a bit of water and cover with the other half of the puff pastry sheet. Crimp down the edges with a fork.
4. Prick the pastry with a fork to prevent it from rising, paint it with water and spread sugar and pine nuts to taste. Bake it at 190ºC for about half an hour, until golden.
Recipe in Catalan here (with cabell d’àngel filling).
Potser també us interessa...