Okay, so the Gran Canaria Desktop Summit ended a week ago. I can’t thank enough the Travel Committee people for allowing me to attend the conference once more. It was great, as usual
- I didn’t get the chance to say goodbye to some people, sorry about that. See you guys next year
- Diego, thanks a lot for the chocolates!!! Yum!
- Was I the only one who missed the GNOME Love/Hate Wall??? Next year I’ll make sure it’s back
- I enjoyed the GNOME-ES talks I attended.
- We had dinner with the GNOME Hispano guys. It was fun.
- I loved the lightning talks. And I also loved the “off-topic” lightning talks (that is, talks about anything not related to GNOME)!
- One of the local guys, Manolo, was kind enough to guide Gil and me around the island. We discovered that Gran Canaria is beautiful
You’ll find some GCDS pictures in the Gallery.
GUADEC, see you next year!
Ok, so I should better start blogging about GCDS, or the travel committee will not sponsor me next year, oops!
Well, so the GCDS started a few days ago. It’s been pretty interesting so far. The first two days were busy at the info desk; many more people than we expected showed up the first day, even though there were no talks at all -just the registration.
I went to Richard Stallman’s keynote; it was fascinating (both in a good and in a bad way). I also learned that Banshee will do photos; Aaron, the speaker, said that this will allow F-Spot to become more advanced and professional (“think Adobe Lightroom”, he said). Ehem, I personally doubt it.
Yesterday we went to a party sponsored by Igalia. The place was amazing – there were BIG beds were people could sit (or lay) down and chill out!
Vincent didn’t bring me the OpenSuse t-shirt he promised last year… Ok, the fact that I didn’t send him an e-mail to remind him about it didn’t help.
To be continued…
Del 3 a l’11 de juliol, els desenvolupadors i els usuaris dels escriptoris GNOME i KDE ens trobarem a Las Palmas de Gran Canaria: enguany s’ha fusionat la GUADEC i l’Akademy en un esdeveniment anomenat Gran Canaria Desktop Summit.
Com en aquests darrers anys, gràcies a l’Sponsorship Travel Committee, d’aquí a un parell de dies agafo l’avió cap a Las Palmas de Gran Canaria! Els agraeixo molt que em donin l’oportunitat de participar en aquestes conferències, i d’ajudar-hi. Si veniu a la GCDS segurament em trobareu darrere el taulell de l’Info Desk, com cada any
Aquest any, tots aquells que tenim la sort que ens patrocinin el viatge totalment o parcialment durem aquesta xapa: